This course is for persons working in government agencies & departments, international organisations, NGOs, Regional Economic Development Bodies, County Governments, consultants and members of parliament.
Learners will be introduced to objectives and concepts of public policy making. Learners will be taken through the different approaches and model, including innovative approaches for modern policy making. Different stages of public policy development process and scope. Public policy formulation and important considerations in policy design. Tools used in public policy making. Policy analysis and types of discourses in policy making. Ethical dimensions in Public policy making. Constraints and successes of policy making.
- Learners will be able to demonstrate their understanding of the public policy making process.
- Learners will be able to apply new knowledge and understanding of public policy analytical tools.
- Learners will gain understanding of the different approaches to policy making and be able to make choice of the appropriate one to apply for different policy problems.
- Learns will be be able to apply policy relevant research and analysis, as well as applied theoretical and empirical work in policy making process.
- Learners will be able to engage in public making process adhering to ethical tenets, governance and inclusion in policy making.