This course is for international development professionals looking to enhance their business development skills. These can be programme managers and directors, programme managers or staff looking to build business development skills or international development professionals looking to develop expertise in various areas of development practice.
- Learners will be introduced to components of business development for international development sectors.
- Learners will be guided through the business development practices and approaches in the international development sector.
- Learners will be taken through step by step process of proposal planning and development framework as well as considerations that need to be taken for a winning proposal.
- Learners will acquire knowledge on which resources and capabilities an organisation needs to build and how to go about maintaining them.
- Learners will be able to formulate and develop a viable business development strategy for an organisation.
- Learners will acquire capability to support the organisation in developing internal capabilities and resources to support its business development strategy.
- Learners can expect to be able put together a proposal development team, guide the proposal development process and produce strong bids.
- Learners will be able to ensure the organisation has a steady pipeline of proposals thereby ensuring sustainability of the organisation.
- Learners will be able to effectively assess organisational capability vis-a-vis RFP requirements and scope, prioritise and develop proposal in a timely fashion.
- Learners will be able to identify, develop and nurture strategic partnerships with stakeholders with diverse focus and be able to leverage these relationships to produce sufficient funding.
This course will provide check lists and templates that learners can adapt and use in their day to day practice. This course will make of includes practical exercises, automated quizzes, scenarios and simulations to enhance knowledge retention.
This course requires a degree or diploma in development related area, a degree or diploma in any other discipline for those looking to make a transition to international development sector or 2-3 years of experience in programme or project management through practice.
Programme Design and Development course is highly recommended before taking this course as it provides foundational elements of programme management necessary in proposal development.