Managing remote teams call for more than simply providing collaboration tools and putting a remote working policy in place. It calls for different approaches for supporting, developing, motivating, supervising and maintaining cohesiveness of teams in order to deliver organizational productivity. This course is organised in five modules that broadly tackle various aspects of managing remote teams.
This course is for individuals working at management levels, small business operators, consultants, freelancers and those looking to becoming freelances and consultants.
This course will take learners through the following sub-topics;
- Challenges and benefits of working remotely, how to mitigate challenges.
- Enhancing competencies for virtual leadership through, emotional intelligence, adjusting your leadership style to find.
- Building high performance virtual team, launching virtual team projects and helping them to succeed.
- Understanding individuals, team characteristics, communicating and managing teams
- Roles, responsibilities, decision making and accountability
- Facilitating team productivity, through effective tools, work methods and measuring individual and team performance.
Learning outcomes At the end of this course learners can expect to be able to;
- Understand how their personal leadership styles impacts remote leadership.
- Gain greater self-awareness and leverage emotional intelligence to adjust their leadership styles for virtual team management.
- Create a remote team and put in place the necessary foundational strategy and resources to support its success.
- Identify and implement appropriate virtual management tools that promote trust, engagement, feedback and coaching among team members.
- Analyse and evaluate teams performance ensuring alignment and coherence with overall organisation strategy .
- Ability to develop and nurture a remote organisation culture and best practices and therefore contribute to overall organisational effectiveness.