The Data Protection Act course is targeted at individuals of all ages working whose work entails personal data collection, processing and storage and who wish to gain in-depth understanding of the act and how it impacts on their business operations and processes.
Organisations and businesses looking for a solution tailored to their specific contexts and needs can go to the tailored version of this course.
- Learners will be taken through an broad overview of the Act
- Learners will be provided with an overview of obligations of the Act on businesses
- Interpretation of implementation guidelines and requirements of the regulations relating to the Act
- Practical application in various areas of business operations and processes including website, digital marketing – social media, bulk sms and newsletters.
- Special requirements for those working with children, healthcare sectors and with operations within the EU .
Upon completion of the course, learners can expect to;
- To have gained an in-depth understanding of what the Act demands of their businesses and organisations.
- be able to analyse their business operations and processes to identify areas that require adjustments in order to be compliant.
- be able to evaluate potential risks and implement mitigation measures within their processes and data systems as part of compliance to the Act.
- have the knowledge to enable them create and procure resources and tools for to support data management and security.
- be able to apply best practices of data privacy and embed them in their company culture and strategies.
- Digital marketing – website, newsletters, social media, bulk sms