Critical thinking skills course is part of a series of courses on life skills. These courses are aimed at persons aged 18 – 35 years old, in employment, unemployed or in college, in business, looking to enter the workforce or go into self employment.
Objectives of critical thinking skills course
- Learners will understand the various elements and components of critical thinking and how they can be used.
- Learners will comprehend the link between critical thinking and decision making.
- Learners will appreciate how critical thinking impacts personal, professional and business decision making.
- Learners will get insights of approaches they can use to develop and enhance their critical thinking skills.
At the end of this course the learner should be able to;
- Understand critical thinking as a concept, its techniques as well as competencies necessary for enhancing the skill.
- Adopt the appropriate steps in gathering information, data and facts, analyze and interpret it for decision making purposes.
- Apply critical thinking competencies to enhance their decision making whether in their professions, business and/or personal lives.
- Do a self-assessment of their critical thinking capabilities and skills, identify gaps and follow provided steps to build them .
- Demonstrate and showcase critical thinking capabilities in both interviews and on the curriculum vitae.