Being flexible allows you to have a higher level of ability to adjust to different roles or different work being offered to you. Adaptability refers to an individual’s ability to change themselves according to the changing contexts and environment. The world of work and the market is ever-changing and very dynamic. This implies that individuals must be well aware of the changes to ensure they have sufficient versatility to adapt to it.
This course equips learners with the necessary flexibility and adaptability competencies to enable them thrive in the ever-changing workplace and business world.
Adaptability & flexibility skills course is part of a series of courses on life skills. These courses are aimed at persons aged 18 – 35 years old, in employment, unemployed, self-employed, in college, looking to enter the workforce or go into self employment.
- Learners will be introduced to the concept of adaptability and flexibility within the context of present day employment trends.
- Learners be introduced to current role/job trends and how these are impacting on the workplace, work making adaptability and flexibility a must have skill.
- Learners will acquire knowledge of the growing relevance of adaptability and how it is linked to the overall organisational agility.
- Learners will get insights on key competencies necessary for adaptability and flexibility and how these can be harnessed to enable one transition within the organisations, within a profession or even make a career switch.
At the end of this course the learner can expected to be able to…
- Acquire ability to conduct self-assessment of own adaptability and flexibility capabilities.
- Gain greater awareness of self in terms of capability potential, tolerance to change and adaptability speed and consequently will be better equipped to make career transitions necessitated either by voluntary and involuntary causes.
- Ability harness and draw from key life skills and technical competencies to become of adaptable in the workplace.
- Develop knowledge of adaptability and flexibility as well as technical skills that enable one to remain versatile and relevant in the workplace.